Your privacy is important!
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and contact us if you have any questions.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify and contact a single person.
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with our organization. Students for Good may combine it with other information to provide and improve our services, content, communication and advertising. You are not required to provide the personal information that we request, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our services or respond to any queries you may have.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use it:
- When you create a Students for Good account, make a donation or award a grant, register for a Students for Good event, connect to our online communities, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your first and last names, date of birth, phone number, email address, contact preferences, mailing address, a government issued ID and credit or debit card information.
- When you invite your peers to join Students for Good services or events, we may collect the same variety of information, including names, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, government issued ID and credit or debit card information. Students for Good will use such information to fulfill the requests and provide the relevant services.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Students for Good’s latest service announcements, updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your profile and preferences on our online communities.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our services, content, communication and advertising. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our stakeholders and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Students for Good account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Students for Good, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Students for Good’s services, contents and communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- We may also validate the information provided by you when creating a Students for Good account with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
- For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a Students for Good service is used so that we can better understand stakeholder behavior and improve our products, services, communications and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
- If you want to disable cookies check with your web browser provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Students for Good websites and communities will not be available once cookies are disabled.
- As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Students for Good may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
- In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Students for Good website or online communities. When stakeholders click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our stakeholder communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
- Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format stakeholders can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to stakeholders.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Students for Good may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Students for Good to provide products and services, or that help Students for Good market to stakeholders. Personal information will only be shared by Students for Good to provide or improve our services, communications and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Students for Good shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling stakeholder orders, delivering services to you, managing and enhancing stakeholder data, providing stakeholder service, assessing your interest in our services, and conducting stakeholder research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Students for Good operates.
- It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Students for Good to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
- We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
- Students for Good takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Students for Good online services such as the Students for Good website and communities protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Students for Good, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures like encrypted form.
- When you use some Students for Good services or post on a Students for Good forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
The existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
Students for Good does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affects you.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your Students for Good profile page of our online communities. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Students for Good is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier. Online tools for the exercise of access, correction, or deletion requests are available on our communities.
Children & Education
- We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. Children under the age of 16, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own Students for Good accounts.
- If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, outside the above circumstances we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
Students for Good websites and communities contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Students for Good employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
Students for Good VZW-ASBL
EdmondParmentierlaan 109 - 1150 Brussel
Avenue Edmond Parmentier 109 - 1150 Bruxelles